Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tons of Thanksgiving Ideas

Thanksgiving fun!

Morning Circle

I use this video to introduce the kids to our Thanksgiving theme for the week.
 
Play-dough Turkey's
 
MATH
Counting Feathers  
Turkey body template for our math activity: http://mrskilburnkiddos.files.wordpress.com


I drew lines where I wanted them to put the glue on.
*fine-motor skills activity
made made easy for preschool Thanksgiving
All my kids are on different levels, so I modified it to match their needs.
Here are some samples:

 &
Making patterns
native american make a pattern headband
I had them cut their own squares/rectangles and paste them to make a pattern. We also practiced using a tape dispenser to tape their feather on their "Indian head band"
Art
Indian corn
Thanksgiving art activity indian corn
 For the paint I just added a little bit of brown to each of the colors I wanted to use. I used purple, red, beige, and yellow, all with a tint of brown.
Thanksgiving art activity indian corn

We compared and discussed the differences between Indian Corn and the traditional corn on the cob they eat at home. This is also a great FINE MOTOR SKILL ACTIVITY.

More ART...
Making a tissue paper fish for our Thanksgiving book.
 
 
Great short video of the Thanksgiving story, told by Plymouth the Rock. My kids LOOVE IT!
 
Made Plymouth Rock for their Thanksgiving book
Great fine-motor skill activity cutting, gluing and tearing activity
Block Area
Build a home like the Pilgrims did.
Language Arts
 
While prepping for our week about The First Thanksgiving, I came across a pin on pinterest which lead me to http://dbsenk.wordpress.com

She has available lots of FREE cute Thanksgiving clipart and loads of kinder Thanksgiving ideas. 
Science
in progress
I came across this site that has TONS of links of things relating to Thanksgiving. 

Here's the website: http://www.archjrc.com/preschool/thanksgiving.html

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment